2009-01-05

老乔因病缺席macworld 2009

可以理解,并祝老乔早日康复。病因详见老乔的公开信

 
 

Sent to you by 8O via Google Reader:

 
 

via Gizmodo by Jesus Diaz on 1/5/09

Answering recent coverage about his health, Steve Jobs has published the following letter addressed to the Apple community. It looks like we were right and his precarious condition was the reason for his Macworld no-show.

Dear Apple Community,

For the first time in a decade, I'm getting to spend the holiday season with my family, rather than intensely preparing for a Macworld keynote.

Unfortunately, my decision to have Phil deliver the Macworld keynote set off another flurry of rumors about my health, with some even publishing stories of me on my deathbed.

I've decided to share something very personal with the Apple community so that we can all relax and enjoy the show tomorrow.

As many of you know, I have been losing weight throughout 2008. The reason has been a mystery to me and my doctors. A few weeks ago, I decided that getting to the root cause of this and reversing it needed to become my #1 priority.

Fortunately, after further testing, my doctors think they have found the cause — a hormone imbalance that has been "robbing" me of the proteins my body needs to be healthy. Sophisticated blood tests have confirmed this diagnosis.

The remedy for this nutritional problem is relatively simple and straightforward, and I've already begun treatment. But, just like I didn't lose this much weight and body mass in a week or a month, my doctors expect it will take me until late this Spring to regain it. I will continue as Apple's CEO during my recovery.

I have given more than my all to Apple for the past 11 years now. I will be the first one to step up and tell our Board of Directors if I can no longer continue to fulfill my duties as Apple's CEO. I hope the Apple community will support me in my recovery and know that I will always put what is best for
Apple first.

So now I've said more than I wanted to say, and all that I am going to say, about this.

Steve

What does this mean? First and foremost, that his health is not declining rapidly as our source affirmed. Thank god for that. Like I said in our article, I hoped our source was wrong about it. Steve Jobs is saying that he is recovering. That's good.

But we were right on something almost as important: The reason why Steve Jobs is not doing the Macworld 2009 keynote is his health. Apple PR muscle tried to mislead the public saying that the reason was the irrelevance of Macworld. They said they didn't want to give importance to a show that Apple was pulling from. That's a lie.

The truth, as written by Steve Jobs himself, is that his health is the real reason. He didn't want to put himself under the ordeal of preparing the keynote—the hardest part—and delivering it for two hours. And that's why he decided to take time off with his family and keep recovering.

Other media, actually only CNBC's Jim Goldman and some followers, rammed against Gizmodo saying that Steve's health had nothing to do with him not showing up for the Macworld keynote:

I spoke to Apple after these headlines crossed and the company, which officially doesn't comment on rumors, reiterated the reasons it offered two weeks ago: Apple was pulling out of Macworld because the company didn't see the need to continue its investment in the expo, which included Steve Jobs' keynote.

Well, as you have seen, that's a lie. Looks like Apple PR has lied to you. Again. And while I can understand Apple not telling the truth, perhaps a brilliant journalist and blogging aficionado like Goldman should have known better than trusting Apple's VP of Corporate Communications Katie Cotton, specially when she lied before. On the other side, coming from a guy who writes things like this

AppleTV, take two, has a real shot. The power of technology. The power of Apple and Steve Jobs.

I'm not surprised.

Anyway, who cares. I'm happy to know Steve is recovering and happy to know that he's doing fine despite his weight loss.




 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

0 个说法:

HOW TO: 怎样生成自己的标签云

搜索此博客